How to sue my doctor?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Timothy 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Stan

Hello everyone. I hope you’re all doing well. As for me, I’m not all that great. I’m a little upset and would like some advice. I am considering suing a doctor for an error. The thing is, it is going to be very hard for me to prove anything.

I also heard that it can be very difficult to sue doctors. Only a few people get any success. The rest of the cases are either settled out of court or thrown out.

I admit, I am only looking into this but without much hope in my heart. I just want him to pay for making such a bad error that has left me scarred.

I do not wish to divulge what happened to me, but I was wondering if any of you know of any good medical malpractice lawyers that you might recommend? Thank you in advance.

Timothy

Firstly, sorry to hear of your troubles. It can be very frustrating. Unfortunately, you are right. It is difficult to sue doctors. The CMPA (Canadian Medical Protective Association) is very protective of doctors and will fight for them.

I do have a recommendation though. A few years ago, my brother-in-law contacted Walker Head and actually won his case. He was really happy because it felt like he got his ‘revenge’ on the doctor, as he put it.

He did say that he did not want it to come to that and that he did not have to suffer a lot of anguish. He just wanted his surgery to go well. Unfortunately, it was not to be. He was happy with the lawyer who represented him though.

Stan

Oh man, sorry to hear this. Hope he is alright now though. Thank you for that information. At least I have somewhere to start.

I do hope to hear from others for more recommendations. I have also been speaking with friends to see if they know of someone really good.

Timothy

Yes, that is all you can do. Keep trying and hopefully, you find someone who can help. If you can’t find anyone else, then contact the firm I mentioned.

As for my brother-in-law, he has not been the same. There is always a constant reminder. He is just glad he managed to ‘get’ that doctor. Hopefully, there is some kind of black mark against that doctor now.

Stan

I know exactly what you mean. Although it has been some time, I too feel that I have this constant reminder of what happened. I have lost my confidence and I am no longer the same. I am also so angry. I honestly think there are doctors who are absolutely pathetic at what they do. Some have no bedside manners and all they want is money.

The doctor who examined me made me wait for over 2 hours just to see him. When I did, I swear to you, I spent about 30 seconds with him and the appointment was over. His office was full of people and he could not wait to usher me out.

I don’t hold much hope, but I just want to give it a try. Your brother-in-law is right. It almost feels like revenge! Anyway, thank you for chatting with me. I appreciate your help.

Timothy

No worries. Good luck with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.