The Predictive Index: Can I use it to hire employees?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lily 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lily

I’m a small business owner looking to complete a small team of employees, and a few people have been telling me that I should consider using The Predictive Index test to help me find and hire the right people.

I made some research and I found out the The Predictive Index was some sort of test that could help me assess the behaviours and cognitive abilities of each candidate.

I think I understand the purpose of that test, but I’m wondering whether I should use it, or simply trust my instincts. What are the benefits of the Predictive Index?

Michelle

I have no idea what the predictive index test is, but it sounds interesting. I think I’ll keep following the conversation to learn more!

Nina

I’d say the most important reason to use The Predictive Index is that it will help you select the right candidate to join your team.

Hiring the wrong people can cost you a lot of money, and can also be a big waste of time for yourself, and for the people you have hired. With The Predictive Index, it becomes easier to really select the candidates who can be a perfect fit for your team and your company culture.

So: using it can help you save time and money, and who doesn’t want that?

Zoe

It’s a test used to understand the behaviour of candidates, to give you a good idea of how they would react in different situations that can happen in the workplace. This way, it’s easier to choose the employees with the right behaviour, it’s all about what your expectations are for the type of team you want to assemble.

I think it can also help you find out which candidates have the potential to become leaders in your company, or which ones will need some training to be able to reach their full potential as employees.

So it’s really a tool that can help you understand people better. Hiring a new employee to join your team is not just about checking if they have the right qualifications and experience, it’s also about making sure they will fit in.

Lily

Ok, I understand better now. Thank you for your answers.

Sharon

I’ve already used The Predictive Index test, and it was a great experience. I’ll be sure to use it again next time I have to hire someone new!

It only takes a few minutes for a candidate to complete the test, and once you explain them that it’s a test that will help you make the right choice, they seem very happy to be a part of it. Or at least that’s how it went for me, the candidates I interviewed really seemed to enjoy taking the test!

Angel

You mention that you’re not sure whether you should use the test, or just trust your instincts…

Is it the first time you hire new people for your business? If it’s the first time, maybe it’s best to rely on this test to help you assemble the perfect team for the job.

I don’t mean to say that you shouldn’t trust your instincts, I only mean that if you’ve never hired employees before, maybe you won’t be too sure how to recognize what you’re looking for exactly.

Lily

I have already hired only one person to help me so far, but everything is now going so well that I want to hire a larger team.

I think I have some sort of a gift to understand people when I meet them and talk to them for the first time, but I guess in this situation, using The Predictive Index will help me and my business.

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.