Travelling with an agency: yay or nay?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cal 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Nina

I never worked with a travel agency before, I’m used to booking my own trips, but now I have a big trip in mind and I’d like to give it a try… But I want to make sure I’ll be working with the right agency and the right agent.

I think there are a few travel agencies in my city, and I guess I don’t even really need to choose a local one. So how can I figure out which one is right for me? Do you have any tips?

Raymond

I guess first you’d need to ask yourself what would be the right travel agency for you, what it would be like. Do you want to work with an agency that offers luxury travels, or trips for people on a budget? Do you want a custom tour, or would you like to choose a tour that’s already all planned for you? Do you want to travel solo, or with a group?

When you have a good idea of what you want exactly, it can help you search for the travel agencies that offer what you want, so it’ll be easier to make a choice.

Maddie

The time I wanted to use a travel agency, I asked a few friends if they had used one in the past, and if they would recommend it to me. Two friends told me about a great travel agency they booked a vacation with, so I went online to search for more info on both of them.

Finally I chose Gaba Travel because I was interested in their cruise offers.

So I guess if you don’t know where to start, you could ask your friends, or your family or your coworkers. Maybe someone you know can recommend you a great travel agency. And maybe it would be the right one for you too.

Nina

That’s a good idea, I’ll ask around…

And I think I have a good idea of what I’m looking for exactly, but I’m not sure how I can find exactly the agencies that offer it.

Angel

One tip that I can give you, is to get in touch with an agent when you find travel agencies that seem interesting, and ask them a few questions.

If you find out that it takes the agent forever to return your calls or your emails, don’t waste your time with them! But if you can ask them questions, try to figure out if they have affiliations with a few travel companies, or if they can book from any companies.

The reason for this is that if a travel agency is influenced by their affiliations with a few travel companies, if you do business with them you might miss out on better deals and better offers from other companies.

A travel agency having affiliations with some travel companies and not with others is not necessarily a bad thing, but you need to be aware of it, and it needs to fit your expectations and also your budget.

Nina

Hey, that’s a great tip, thanks! I had no idea, but I’ll keep this in mind now.

Cal

Personally, when I’m looking for a service provider, I tend to make some research online, and then I just follow my gut.

For example, I would search for travel agencies in my area, then I would take a quick look at their website, read what they have to offer and what kind of service and customer experience they promise.

Then if I like their website and think they could be right for me, I read a bit more about them, maybe online reviews, and if everything seems right to me I contact them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.