What is business management consulting, and do I need it?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lily 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Zoe

I already heard that term somewhere, but I’m not sure to understand what it means exactly. Can anyone help me? A friend and I own a small business, and I’m wondering if business management consulting is something we could need, or if it’s a resource for larger businesses.

Becca

Business management consulting is exactly what it sounds like: consulting to find ways to help you manage your business.

Zoe

That’s not very clear to me…

Becca

Business management consultants can be hired by business owners who want to improve their performance and their efficiency. Business owners who need help reaching some of their goals, or want help finding good solutions to some problems they are facing, or who want to bring big changes to their business… they can all benefit from business management consulting.

Gia

It’s also a good way to see things from a different perspective, a more neutral one.

What I mean is that when you work for your business every single day, maybe after some time there are some issues that you don’t notice anymore, or things that you feel are big deals, but they’re really not that important.

So you can call in a business consultant, who can take a look at how things are going, give you objective advice, and help you solve problems that will help you manage your business in a more productive way.

Zoe

I see… that makes sense to me, thank you.

So according to what both of you have told me, I don’t think my friend and I need business management consulting services for now. Maybe later, but for now we’re focusing on growing our business, and getting our services out there.

Gia

Yeah, if you feel like you have everything under control, you probably don’t need to hire a consultant. Although I guess a consultant could help you with some helpful advice, and plans on how to move forward to achieve your goals.

Lily

Business management consultants can help you solve productivity problems, but they can also help if you if you’re thinking about bringing some changes to your business or your processes, getting started on a new path, or even teaching new skills to your employees.

Consultants can train employees, or even find new employees to join your team and bring something fresh to the table.

Zoe

So if I understand well, business management consultants mostly do 2 things: they help find solutions to business problems. And when you have an idea of how you want to grow your business, but you’re not sure how to do it, they can help you make a plan to achieve the results you want?

Lily

Yeah, that’s a simple way to put it.

But business management consulting encompasses many other things. Take a look at Carpedia’s website, for example. You can see examples of the services they are offering, and the industries they have worked in. It should give you a better idea of what business management consulting is, and whether you need it or not for your small business.

Zoe

Thank you so much, that’s very interesting!

I don’t think I need this kind of services for now, but I suscribed to Carpedia’s mailing list… We never know what might come up in the near future, or what interesting things I could learn from their newsletters.

Lily

Well done! I can tell you for a fact they share a lot of valuable insights on their newsletters. You’ll surely learn at least a thing or two.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.