What would make a good mascot for a charity event?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Noelle 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Noelle

With a few friends, we’re going to organize a charity event to raise awareness about certain issues met by kids in our community. We want to make this a fun event, and someone suggested that we should have a mascot, to catch people’s attention and make kids happy.

We all thought it was a great idea, so we’re going to need a mascot costume. But the thing is, we have no idea what the ideal mascot would be for our event. I thought I would ask around, if any of you have ideas or suggestions for me?

Lily

It’s a fun idea! Kids love mascots, and many adults enjoy them too.

But I guess it depends what you want your mascot to represent? Do you want it to look cute and cuddly, or to look goofy and fun? I think animals make great mascot costumes, but it could also be a character, or some imaginary creature!

Noelle

We want our mascot to look friendly, and to make people want to come closer… Our event will take place in a park, there will be food, and a few shows, so we thought the mascot would walk around and take pictures with kids, and also make people want to come and look around if they were not aware of the event, you know.

Michelle

I think children love cute animal mascots. It could be an animal that looks cute, like a bear, a panda, maybe a cat or a dog? A bunny? Or it could be an object, maybe… or a food item, like maybe a giant lollipop with a friendly face!

Yeah, it must be hard to find the right idea… But I’m sure you’ll find something that fits your event!

Noelle

Thank you! The idea of a giant lollipop is funny to me, but I’m not sure it would fit.

Nina

Who will be making that mascot costume for you? I already worked with Hogtown Mascots, they create amazing mascot costumes, so maybe they would be able to advise you on the right mascot for your event.

Noelle

Oh, that sounds great! But we don’t have a lot of budget, you know, since we’re doing this for charity.

For now I guess I’ll try to assemble a costume myself, but later if it becomes a reoccuring event (that would be our goal) maybe we’ll be able to get a real mascot costume!

Nina

Ok yeah… Good luck making the costume yourself.

Zoe

Is there something particular about your charity event? Maybe an object, a symbol… or a colour that you used on some flyers or something… Maybe that could help you design a mascot that would fit with your image.

Noelle

That’s interesting… We’ve been using a lot of purple on our Facebook page, and on some poster design we’re going to print out eventually. I’d like the mascot’s face to appear on those posters as well… So a purple mascot? I don’t know…

Zoe

Maybe not a purple mascot, but maybe an animal wearing a purple t-shirt, with the logo of your event on it, or a nice slogan? I feel like that could be a nice idea.

Noelle

I like that! I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it look great, though… Well I’m good at sewing, so making a purple t-shirt for the mascot should be no problem. I’m not sure about the rest, I’ll be experimenting a lot. I like the idea of either a cat or a dog. I’ll ask my friends what they think, and share some of your ideas with them. Thank you all so much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.